Share This Article
Socket Internet is a Missouri-based telecommunications provider, with its headquarters in Columbia, Missouri. It is a privately held company and offers local and long distance phone service, DSL and fiber-optic internet, and data technology to residents and businesses across Missouri.
Founder Of Socket Internet
Founded in 1994 by George Fenninger and John Dupuy, this Internet quickly became the largest local internet provider in Missouri. In 2001 Inc. (magazine) ranked Internet 136th on its list of America’s Top 500 Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies, an award it would win three times. Also in 2001, Technology Fast 50 ranked Socket 4th in The Fast 50, which recognizes the 50 fastest growing technology companies in a given geographic area. Therefore, in 2004, Socket expanded into the telephone industry, offering business telephone and networking services.
In 2008, the company began offering residential telephone service in select markets. Socket now provides phone services and DSL internet to most of Missouri.
In 2010, Socket was awarded $23.7 million from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 to deploy a fiber-to-the-home network in Callaway County. Construction for the project began in late 2011 with the first residential customers Fiber Internet service being installed in May 2012.Therefore, the project expected to have a major impact in Millersburg, MO and Callaway County where residents are limited to dial-up and satellite Internet options. The company offers flat rate pricing as well as no contract Internet services.
Socket Fiber Internet VS DSL
DSL and cable aren’t the only internet options on the block anymore. With Socket fiber internet, you get symmetrical download and upload speeds starting at 100 mbps, and they only get faster from there. So what’s the big difference between Socket fiber and DSL or cable:
- No Data Caps or Throttling : Socket fiber internet service has zero data caps and no throttling so you can keep streaming, playing, or communicating how and when you need to. It’s the fastest, most hassle-free way to do internet.
- Consistent, Reliable Speeds : Socket fiber runs a personalized line directly to your home while offering symmetrical speeds, so you can connect dozens of devices without slowing down – plus, bad weather and outside interferences won’t disrupt your connection.
- Simple Billing : With Socket fiber, we don’t mess around with “introductory offer” games or hidden taxes and fees. Therefore, The price provided to you is the exact price you’ll see on your bill for as long as you have service with us.
Services Provided By Socket
Socket offers business telecommunication services to fit your size and budget.
- Fiber to the Premise
- Private Fiber Networks
- Dedicated Internet
- MPLS & Wide Area Networking
- Disaster Recovery
- Ethernet Over Fiber or Copper
- High-Speed Small Business Internet
- Business TV Service
Reasons Why Socket Internet Is Different
it’s a Local Company
Whether you’re looking for tech support, customer service, or help solving a problem, you’ll talk to someone right here in Missouri.
Simple, No-Nonsense Pricing
You won’t be surprised with hidden fees and mysterious charges. Get a fair, transparent bill — not one that nickel-and-dimes you.
Flexible, Customizable Solutions
Not sure what you need? Don’t get forced into a package that doesn’t work for you. Whether you’re looking for a unique solution for your home office or an intricate multi-location network, we’ll help you find the right fit.
You’ll never be shuffled off as “someone else’s problem.” Take advantage of our friendly local team that’s here to serve you.
For more than 25 years, Missouri homes and businesses have trusted Socket to connect them with cost-effective, reliable telecommunications services. Therefore, Socket fiber internet, you get symmetrical download and upload speeds starting at 100 mbps, and they only get faster from there.
Helpful Resources – About Sail Internet – Installation, Power Involve and More 2022